Monday, June 14, 2010

Our identity is His BELOVED

I just noticed that no one has written in while so I'm going to change that by sharing a bit of how God is rocking me with 1 Peter. I wasn't planning on reading 1 Peter since I've been working my way through the Gospels and Acts but there was a note in Luke somewhere that brought me to a verse in 1 Peter and after that verse I just kept reading and every time I pick up my Bible I keep opening to 1 Peter and even though its a short book so I've read through it a couple of times now, I can't help but get super excited about it!

What I wanted to share with all of you somewhat relates to the post about Hosea I posted a couple of months ago. In Hosea 2:23 God speaks to His people and says in that day "I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, 'You are my people'; and he shall say 'You are my God.'" Then in 1 Peter 2:9-10 Peter proclaims this as truth. He says "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." He then calls the people he is writing to "Beloved..."


We have an identity! We are chosen, royal, holy, God's people, receivers of mercy, worshipers, ones who live in light, BELOVED!!!!! Isn't that beautiful?!?

This is a message that still shakes me every time I hear it spoken to my heart. Its one that we have been talking about all year, one I have been praying over you all for the past
2 years, and is one God has been speaking to me since high school but it still amazes me!

He delights in you, His daughters. You have a place before His throne. A place that you can dance, laugh, cry and He sees you and says "That's my baby! Isn't she beautiful? I love her no matter what."

Love and peace to all of you lovely ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment